Dalcroze Musicianship & Sight Reading Course
Learn to hear with your eyes and see with your ears
Amplify your musical awareness
Tap into the excitement of your own musical imagination
Make music come alive in this exciting course in the internationally recognized Dalcroze Education approach. Dalcroze Education is a powerful, experiential way of knowing music through the body.
- Increase your ability to navigate melodic landscapes, instantly identifying what you hear and see
- Hone your ability to be both precise and expressive with vital rhythmic concepts
- sharpen your intuitive response to music
- experience the thrill and freedom of your own improvisation through this dynamic social course.
Your body will be your main instrument in developing your musical knowledge and inner hearing. The ability to listen internally, imagining how written notes will sound and how sounded notes will be written, is profound in any musical pursuit and will directly transfer to your choral experience, instrumental study, to composition and improvisation and, simply, to hearing more in music you love.
No prior movement experience is necessary.
This course offers:
- A deepened musicality in singing, instrumental performance and musical knowledge
- Joyful ways of knowing music through the body
- A low student/teacher ratio
- Inspiring multimedia examples of the relevance of the Dalcroze approach
- Tools for practicing at home incuding detailed lesson handouts and repertoire
- A welcoming atmosphere for students of all skill levels
Course Length: 10 Weeks
Class Length: 1.5 hrs
Class Dates (Spring 2018): April 4, 11, 25 | May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30| June 6, 13
Class time: 7:45PM EST.
Class Location: Children's Music Center of Jamaica Plain located at in the Brewery Complex, second floor, 284 Amory Street, Jamaica Plain MA